Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 2011 Round Up



What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Books: Eat, Pray, Love

What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
Movies: Inception (Jan 2).  We saw Salt on January 3, 2010 with Adrienne and Andrew Kern.  Why Did I get Married, Blue Crush, Play the Game (Netflix), Garfield (Family night)
TV: The Bachelor (Brad Womack), Grey's Anatomy, Biggest Loser (Season 10), Big Bang Theory (Season 2), America's Funniest Home Videos (Family Night), Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (Family Night), Winter Wipeout (Family Night), Private Practice
Broadway Performance: Burn the Floor

What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
Kevin and I went to Charleston's for a date on New Year's Day. Then, we drove around looking at lights, land, and everything in between.
Because we were off the first Monday after Christmas break, we took the kids for a fun afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese.
Grandma and Grandpa took all of their kids, spouses, and grandchildren to the International Finals Rodeo at the State Fairgrounds Arena.  We had an awesome time!
Madison and I ran out, impromptu, to Mom's to eat at El Charro. We had a fun time. Madison talked Granny into a t-shirt, a bubble bath, and staying the afternoon. It was super sweet to see how much she enjoys her Granny.
Kevin and I had a date while Claire watched the kids. We spent 2 hours talking and catching up at City Bites. We then drove around the lake and tacked some more before we came home. It was an awesome night!
Grandma kept the kids unexpectedly on a Friday. Kevin and I caught CityBites again and went to the Home and Garden show. We got lots of ideas and saw lots of awesome things.





What things were the kids watching?  What kinds of things were they into?


Movies: Beethoven 3, Beethoven 5, Goofy Movie, Toy Story 3, Toy Story 2, Toy Story, How to Train Your Dragon, Tarzan, Madagascar, Garfield, A Bug's Life, Robots
Matthew: He lost his first tooth January 4, 2011
Madison: She likes to go into the office and play. I have no idea what all she pretends, but she always wants to be alone.
Matthew is asking for a dirt bike helmet.  He is also begging for Lego Indiana Jones II for the Wii.
Madison has begged for days for colored rubberbands. I finally got her some at wal-mart. She lit up and started cheering when I showed her.
Matthew has really loved Winter Wipeout.
We took both kids to ride a horse after Madison fell in love watching the IFR.



What gifts did I give and/or receive?
For my birthday, Sharon is doing the most AWESOME thing.  For the next four months, she is bringing dinner to us on the first Monday of the month.  This month was Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Bean Casserole.  It was super yummy.  Adrienne and Andrew Kern were here to enjoy it.
We saw Bryan and Alicia's new home. We took them a PTI house with some mints. It was so adorable. I hope they liked it.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I bought Matthew a scope for his gun.
I bought "How to Train Your Dragon" on Blu Ray and DVD combo.
I bought Bug's Life on Blu-Ray, Garfield (DVD), Matthew's under shirts, and Madison a Fur Real Kitty (she paid with Christmas money).

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I had a wonky ear ache for several days that had me in bed sleeping for most of those days.
Madison, Matthew and I had the flu with Madison and I being the sickest.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I have gone for almost a week and only eating out on our date!

What were my disappointments this month?
I am not pregnant.

How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)
I did keep up with my Round Up most of the month and even included it with some photos this time.
I worked on my closet but fell very short with sickness plaguing me most of the month.
I did listen to more of the Parenting Series by Chip Ingram and have really enjoyed it.  I have already gotten so much from it.  I think I will have to listen to it again when I am done because there is so much to it.
I did not get many things on my January list done.  I nodded in their direction a time or two, but I really made no progress.  Ouch!

Anything else noteworthy to include?
I was laying down with Madison, and she rolled over and gave me the biggest hug.  She said, "I love you so much!"  Then, she preceded to soft my arm and my face.  It was such a super sweet moment with her.  I hope I always remember hearing her tell me that I was her favorite, daddy was her favorite, Matthew was her favorite, and Chloe was her favorite.  She said she loves us.
Madison asked about Grandma's mom.  She wanted to know her name.  I told her and she said, "That is a funny name."  Then she asked where she was.  I told her that she had passed away.  Madison then goes, "Does Grandma miss her?"  How sweet and tender is she!"

We have been looking and talking about buying 10 acres near Britton Rd and Hwy 4. We have gone out and walked it twice. We are trying to decide the correct thing to do.  Kevin has made many, many phone calls getting price quotes and information.  If he ever had a free moment, we might already own it.





Simon, "the dog", came to live with us on January 13, 2011 after Kevin picked him up on the street. He found a new home and new family on January 27, 2011. I was sad to see him go but happy to see him go to such a great home.


Kevin had a work week from Haties. He was home late every night except Wednesday. His call weekend was pretty much the same.

No comments: