Saturday, January 01, 2011

December 2010 Round Up

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I read Twilight's Serenade by Tracie Patterson.  Yes, I read it on my Kindle app that is on my iPad. 

What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
I saw my kids perform in their school Christmas Musical entitled "Polar Express".  
I didn't have a lot of time for TV.  Kevin and I did catch Survivor including the finale where Fabio was the winner.  While working out, I continued watching The Amazing Race Season 16.  There is a couple of cowboys from my home state that are so much fun to watch.  I also caught a couple of episodes of Big Bang Theory while working out as well.  
For my birthday, Kevin and I went to see "How Do You Know."  It was pretty much a bad movie.  On Netflix, I watched Fame and Someone Like You.

What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
At Good News Church, we had our annual Missions Conference.  It was so good to see many friendly faces and catch up on what they all were up to.  
We had a GREAT time at my mom's for Christmas.  All the kids were super excited at all of their gifts.  It was one of the best in the past several years.
I had a ton of fun watching our kids open their gifts on Christmas morning.  It is fun to think of special things for them and see them light up with joy when they finally see what has been waiting for them.  Matthew was overwhelmed by his pocket knife and tool.  He also loved the many Wii and DS games.  Other highlights were the Yellow Truck Legos, Bow and Arrow, Razor Scooter, Rokenbok Crane, and Toy Story 3.  Madison was super excited by her new play school and her jewelry.  Other highlights included the 3 Furry Frenzy sets, scarfs, Beethoven movies, Barbie Scooter, Tinkerbell Dress, and DS game.
We went to the Jolliff's later in the day on Christmas.  Many of them had been or were sick that we weren't sure we were going to have Christmas that day.  I am glad that we did because we all had a great time.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
For my birthday, I got an Eye-Fi card (from my mom), some money (from my in-laws), and many well wishes that were super sweet.


What special or unusual purchases did I make?
For Christmas, Kevin surprised me with a scavenger hunt.  It was a series of cards that were super sweet and so thoughtful.  At the end of each letter was a clue telling me where to go next.  It finally led me to the back of a "large, fast mass of snow" or his Avalanche where I found my elliptical.  I was blown away.  I didn't think I would be getting anything for my birthday or Christmas.  He bought me one of the nicest ones.  I was overwhelmed.  He truly is a gift.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Three Words - upper respiratory infection!  I couldn't decide if my URI caused my Sinuses to act up or my Sinuses that caused the URI.  I was down and out.  I also had quite of few migraines sprinkled through the first part of the month.  No fun!

What were my accomplishments this month?
Ummm . . . well . . . I got Christmas done on time.  :)  I wasn't rushing around last minute.  And, I caught up almost completely on my Yearly Family album.  It is my first one to complete and I am excited to finish all the little details and get it sent to the printers.

What were my disappointments this month?
I let the month happen and didn't make things happen.

How did I do on my goals for the month?
I don't know that I had any.  I shall make better goals from this month forward!

Anything else noteworthy to include?
Kevin signed his contract with Saints.  This has been a long 3 months, but Praise the Lord.  It is complete and over.  God has been faithful to this family, and I am confident He will always be our source!
Matthew purchased his very own Red Rider BB gun.


Goals for January:
Get my 2010 Family Album complete and sent to printer.
Clean out my closet.
Include Pictures with my January 2011 Roundup.


Long Term Goals for 2011:
Read the 2 books by Billy Joe Daughtery.
Replace the Hallway and Living Room flooring. (or other home improvement project)

No comments: