Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Great Wolf Lodge

I am a little late about posting, but I wanted to share a little about our trip to The Great Wolf Lodge. I would definately give the resort 2 thumbs up. We will be going back soon.

If you ever want to be humbled in your parenting, just take a 3 year old and an 18 month old on a road trip and sleep with them in the same room. Needless to say, we still had a great trip despite the 12am fight to the bitter end to get Madison to sleep. If Grandma hadn't stepped in, we might still be in Texas trying to calm her down. We played at the water park both days. We left the 2nd day ending with a fun few hours at Grapevine Mills Mall - which as everyone knows is my favorite place.

Here are some photos of the water park! Enjoy!


This bucket fills up with 1000 gallons of water about every 5 minutes.

A bell starts ringing to let you know it is about to dump. You can see a couple of guys waiting at the bottom.

It splashes down hard! It is one of the best parts in my opinion. I was under it every time I was close when the bell started to ring.

This is the Kiddie area. It is perfect for small children. Madison could walk through it and play with pretty much everything.

This is at the back where the big slides start. The yellow and green were smaller indoor ones with the yellow one being fast and open top - I didn't like it because I felt I would shoot out the top. The green one shot you down a hill into a huge bowl that you would go around and around - so awesome with Kevin and I riding together. The blue one took you outside around the building fast and furious. The red one is the big howling tornado. See below.

This is the bowl of the howling tornado. After dropping at a near 45 degree angle, you slide free through this huge funnel that eventually took you to the end. This is one of the most intense rides I have ever ridden! I would do it over and over. Oh, we did!!

Here is the side view. You can see the blue slide coming around the building (it looks green in this photo though.). Look at that drop. It was awesome! I rode it going backward on my first ever ride on it. Whoa! It was scary-great! I made Kevin go backward the rest of the time though. :)

I have a picture of the kids somewhere while at the park. If I find it, I will post later.

By the way, our son will turn 4 this Friday. Ahhh, it is unbelievable to me. I hope everyone is doing well. God Bless!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Oh the funnel thing looks like a ton of fun!!! I have seen the commercials for this place, but none included anything this cool!!!