Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas

It is now the day after Christmas. I must say that God was indeed good to our family this past year. In the grand view of life, we have it pretty good. I really believe that He has shown us a great amount of mercy and blessing this year.

As far as Christmas, we had some excellent celebrations with one celebration remaining. This season was once again littered with a stomach virus. Matthew and I were both sick pretty much beginning on the 18th. We were both feeling better by the 21st and had a great weekend. On the 22nd, we traveled to Sulfur for the Jolliff Family Christmas. It was a fantastic day. On the 24th, I woke up feeling the worst I had yet. A little later, Matthew was sick again, too. As Matthew put it, he had water poo poo. :) Kevin had been at work all night and came home to the two of us SICK. We somehow managed to make it to my mom's. We had a ton of fun with my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, neice, and nephew. The kids especially enjoyed the gifts. I think they all got some wonderful things. I was excited that I received a much appreciated Hobby Lobby gift certificate. Yeah!!

That night when we came home, Kevin and I exchanged gifts after the kids went to bed. It was a special moment for me. Kevin really out did himself this year with some of the most heartfelt gifts imaginable. The next morning we made breakfast and the kids opened their gifts. It is so funny to see what really sparks them. I'm fairly certain that Matthew was more excited about Madison's dolls than anything else. Check out these photos where he is looking at her doll and she is trying to get away with his truck. Cute!



It is these moments that really give you joy though. They were such great kids. On several occasions, Matthew said, "Did you get this for me because it is Christmas? Oh, thank you mom and dad!" It was a sweet moment.




Here are the kids again enjoying a post-Christmas candy cane. This was from this morning.











I hope you had a very Merry Christmas as well. God Bless!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Its funny the things kids are interested in!