Monday, November 05, 2007

Time for Change

It is that time of year when the season changes. With it, so does Kevin's rotation. He is now back on Trauma. We are beginning to count down his completion. Only 17 months and like 24 days left until he is done. Yeah! I am so proud of him and his commitment to follow his dreams. I am ready for him to be finished. I still feel a sense of unrest until we know for sure where he will be working.

Here is a picture of our little princess who is 15 months. :) She is a doll. (okay, I am totally biased) Her newest love is shoes. She gets it straight from her mother. She will whine and fuss in her closet until you put her shoes on her. Sometimes, she will manage to get them when I leave them out and bring them to me to put on her. If she finds a pair of shoes anywhere (yes, even put away in my closet), she will bring them to who they belong to so that they can wear their shoes. It is endearing for the most part. She has really grown up a lot lately. This is both sad and exciting for me. Check out her purse!! I have no idea where this comes from. (Well, Matthew likes to carry a purse, too.)



Here is our big man! (3 1/2 years old now) He is fast at work looking for treasure. He has really enjoyed our newest neighbors that moved in this past July. They have pretty much done all the typical little boy things together. Here they are digging in our field to "find something". It is mostly just long trenches that Kev has to fill up from time to time. He is really growing up a little too fast for me. This is sad.

He says the best things now. We are big house lookers - we will look in pretty much any open house around. A couple of weeks ago it was the Parade of Homes (where they expect lookers) and I wanted to stop in a house. I drove into the neighborhood and he immediately began to fuss saying he was ready to go home. In my smoothest mother voice, I offer to him these words, "Honey, don't you want to go and look at this pretty house. You can run around and pick out your bedroom." He continues to fuss; so we drive on home. Today, we are driving by this same neighborhood and he says, "Mom, I don't want to pick out a bedroom. I just want to go home." Of course I laughed. He then says, "Mom, it's not funny. I just want to go home."

We are blessed to have these two. A mom couldn't ask for better (well, a night off here or there, a get out of fuss-ville free card)! I hope this finds all of our friends and family, well! We miss everyone so much. We are fortunate to share our lives with all of you. God Bless!

No comments: